IB Career-related Programme
- Pathways in Sustainability-
Gaining the right knowledge and skills while at school will provide students with a competitive edge and enable them to stay ahead in one of the fastest developing professional sectors.
Global sustainability is a truly universal endeavor. The International Baccalaureate Career-Related Programme (IBCP) with a Pathway in Sustainability prepares students for an exciting career in the growing green sector while they continue to deepen their academic knowledge, develop sound interpersonal skills and grow into principled, responsible global leaders.
Global sustainability is a truly universal endeavor. Our IBCP Pathways in sustainability enable students to embrace an international perspective and connect them with a network of other IBCP students across the world.
There has never been a better time to start preparing for a career in sustainability, this is why BCG has launched the following pre-university programmes:
We are very excited to broaden our pre-university academic programme with such an inspiring selection of pathways. At BCG we believe that each individual student, whatever their background, deserves a programme of study tailored to their interests and academic needs. In the second year of this programme, students undertake a professional project in partnership with local and international companies in the Barcelona area to gain first hand experience in their chosen area of study. Our green campus and internationally minded community support our IBCP students as they gain a global perspective on the challenges of the future.
- Ms Fenton, IB Programmes Coordinator
The IBCP by The British College of Gavà and SUMAS
The British College of Gavà collaborates with the International Baccalaureate and Sustainability Management School (SUMAS), an IB Strategic Provider with campuses in Switzerland and Italy, to deliver this IBCP with Pathways in Sustainability.
These sustainability management pathways aim to provide students with foundational knowledge on managing sustainability and helps them develop their competencies in becoming responsible leaders.
Both the IB Diploma Programme and IB Career-related Programmes are offered to students at BCG. This is an important decision for young people and the school offers support and guidance to ensure that each student finds the best pathway for them.
In a nutshell, our Pathways in Sustainability are suitable for:
1) Students with a strong interest in becoming environmental changemakers.
2) Students who wish to engage in career-related learning while gaining transferable and lifelong skills.
3) Those that want to participate in practical work placements at local and international companies to gain an insight into a ‘real-life’ working environment.
4) Independent learners with a more practical mindset interested in a more hands-on approach.
5) Students that may benefit from an alternative, more flexible way of learning
- 2-3 IB Diploma Programme subjects related to the student's pathway of choice: these subjects are delivered at BCG by our team of experienced British and international teachers
- IB Career-related Core subjects in Personal & Professional Skills, Service Learning, Reflective Project and Language Development: these subjects are delivered at BCG by our fully trained IB Core team
- Fundamentals of sustainability, sustainable innovation and leadership: blended learning delivered by SUMAS
- Integrative Project work in the student's pathway of choice and sustainable leadership experience: blended learning and practical work experience delivered by SUMAS in conjunction with BCG.
“Sustainability is becoming increasingly important within all types of organizations and societies. SUMAS CrS® Business & Sustainability are academically challenging and are designed for students who wish to pursue a career-related education in their final two years of high school, and who have a clear vision of their future career paths. This program prepares students both professionally and academically by stimulating their critical thinking and creativity.”
Gaining a qualification in sustainability management offers a wide range of career opportunities spanning multiple industries and services such as:
- Leadership, Management & Business
- Consultancy and Advisory services
- Law, Policy and Public Affairs
- Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain & Sourcing Management
- Finance, Retail, Marketing & Communications
At BCG our team of dedicated Careers counselors are on hand to support students on completion of the IBCP.